Wetland/ Environmental Scientist
TITLE: Wetland/ Environmental Scientist
LOCATION: Minneapolis Office (Maple Grove, MN)
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of our team. We have an immediate full-time position available for a Wetland/Environmental Scientist with three to five years of professional work experience. This position will be based out of Pinnacle’s corporate office in Maple Grove, MN
Pinnacle is currently looking for a Wetland/Environmental Scientist to join our Minneapolis office and undertake a challenging and fast paced position in the natural resources field. Candidate must have a strong background in wetland delineation, threatened and endangered species review, state and federal permitting, and environmental planning. Responsibilities could include but are not limited to, conducting wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species inventory, regulatory permitting, impact assessment and mitigation planning, restoration or mitigation site monitoring, and interactions with state and federal agencies.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Wetland delineation (field work and report preparation)
- Section 404/401 Clean Water Act document and permit application preparation
- Minnesota Wetland Conservation Act document and permit application preparation
- Mitigation and restoration plan preparation
- Mitigation monitoring
- Threatened and endangered species review
- Strong plant identification skills
- Strong soil identification skills
- Strong air photo interpretation skills
- Experience using GIS software and Trimble GPS units
- Excellent writing skills, verbal communication skills, and computer literacy
- Ability to conduct library and internet research
- Ability to take the initiative, resolve problems, and ensure that tasks are completed in the most efficient manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must be able to travel and be able to conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather conditions, including walking up to 10 miles per day in rugged terrain, and be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 lbs
- Knowledge of and familiarity with flora, fauna and natural systems of the Upper Midwest
- The incumbent must be willing to alter his/her personal schedule to meet the needs of clients. This may include overnight travel to jobsites throughout the Midwest.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in life sciences (i.e. (e.g., wetland science, botany, wildlife biology, aquatic biology, conservation biology, ecology, range science, watershed science, or other related environmental science).
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in wetlands science/environmental analysis and studies
- Strong technical and problem solving skills, excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with wetland regulations
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Word and Excel, GIS and GPS systems
- Ability to work independently and with teams to meet client and project needs
Pinnacle Engineering is an environmental engineering firm of engineers and scientists known for our comprehensive technical capabilities and superior client service, demonstrating our ability to own challenges and win trust with our clients. We've been in business for over 25 years, serving primarily industrial clients from our five offices across the Midwest.
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION