Spill Response TECHNICIAN
TITLE: Internship - Environmental Engineer
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN Office
CATEGORY: Environmental & Engineering Services
Pinnacle Engineering is looking for a Spill Response Technician to be part of our team. We have an immediate full-time position available within our Environmental Consulting/Emergency Operations group. This position will be based out of the corporate office located in Maple Grove, MN.
- Assist in various types of oil spill clean-up activities as needed
- Follow the required environmental, health, and safety policies and report unsafe conditions
- Participation in an OSHA-mandated medical surveillance program is required; safety training will be provided
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in accordance with all policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure safe and productive environment; basic working knowledge of all equipment utilized
- Perform emergency response activities; work with crews to perform emergency response clean-up, hazardous waste clean-up, and the handling of hazardous waste/toxic materials
- Follow policies and procedures for control and storage of hazardous substances
- Calibrates, uses, and documents meters and readings
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and provide support and assistance to customers, co-workers, and stakeholders
- Contribute to the profitability of the company; meet billable goals as well as team goals
- Maintain a positive public image to represent the company
- Basic computer skills including word processing, use of spreadsheets
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required. A 2 or 4 year degree from accredited college or combination of post-secondary study is a plus
- Spill response experience a plus
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Commercial driver’s license a plus
- Must pass a pre-hire drug screening and a criminal background check
- Travel required – mostly regional; weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
- Because of the emergency response and operations nature of the position, must be available to respond 24/7 – this is a continuing condition of employment.
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds and work in conditions that may feature rough terrain.
- Requires the ability to wear the personal protective equipment prescribed via posted signs and written instructions.
- Ability to work in various temperature indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry environments.
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION