Pinnacle Engineering supports the renewable fuels industry not only through the breadth of services provided to our producer clients, but also through active involvement in the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA), the national trade association for the U.S. fuel ethanol industry. The RFA promotes policies, regulations, and research and development initiatives that lead to the increased production and use of fuel ethanol; its membership includes a broad cross-selection of businesses, individuals, and organizations dedicated to the expansion of the U.S. ethanol industry.
Pinnacle has been an active member of the RFA since 2007. Steve Schleicher, Vice President-Industrial Services, has served on the Environmental and Safety Committees of the RFA since Pinnacle joined and has been Chairman of the Environmental Committee since 2010. Pinnacle professionals also provide support of the RFA through regulatory and legislative review, development of white papers on technical matters, and participating in keynote panel discussions at national events.
Pinnacle further supports the U.S. fuel ethanol industry through involvement with other trade organizations and participation in industry conferences. Some recent Pinnacle publications and presentations in this area include the following:
- Fuel Ethanol: Guidelines for Release Prevention & Impact Mitigation, Pinnacle Engineering, Renewable Fuels Association, March 2013
- EPA Clean Air Act Gas Tailoring Rule: Impact to Ethanol Production Facilities, Pinnacle Engineering, Renewable Fuels Association, August 2010
- EPA Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases Final Rule: Impact to Ethanol Production Facilities, Pinnacle Engineering, Renewable Fuels Association, November 2009
- GHG Reporting: Ethanol Producers Can Monitor, Reduce GHG Emissions, Steve Schleicher, Biofuels Journal, July/August 2009
- Monitoring GHG Emissions, Steve Schleicher, Biofuels Business, June 2009
- Fate & Transport of Ethanol in the Environment, Jim Holland, Fuel Ethanol Workshop, June 2012
- PSM/RMP Inspections: Minimizing Exposure, Matt Henry, Fuel Ethanol Workshop, June 2012
- PSM/RMP: Common Pitfalls and Compliance Solutions, Matt Henry, Fuel Ethanol Workshop, June 2011
- How Will EPA’s GHG Tailoring Rule Impact Your Business, Steve Schleicher, National Ethanol Conference, February 2011
- PSD and Title V Greenhous Gas Tailoring Rule, Steve Schleicher, Iowa Renewable Fuels Association, August 2010
- RFS2 Third Party Engineering Reviews, Jim Holland, Iowa Renewable Fuels Association, April 2010
- LDAR Compliance: Common Pitfalls and Compliance Solutions, Matt Henry, Fuel Ethanol Workshop, June 2009
- Regulatory Update: The EPA’s New GHG Reporting Rule and the DHS Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard, Steve Schleicher, Fuel Ethanol Workshop, June 2009