ENTRY LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST
TITLE: Entry Level Environmental Scientist
LOCATION: Maple Grove, MN
CATEGORY: Environmental Scientist Services
This position represents the opportunity to work with a progressive, family owned environmental engineering firm that is celebrating its 25th year of successful projects for our clients.
The person selected for this position will work on a variety of environmental consulting projects to support an industrial client base. The position requires strong problem-solving ability and communication skills to develop solutions to meet client objectives for air and water program regulatory skills to develop solutions to meet client objectives for air and water program regulatory requirements. Projects may include compliance assistance, site evaluations and investigations, regulatory and technical analysis, solutions development, report writing, and regulatory negotiations. In fulfilling these duties, the position will interface with internal project teams, industry representatives, and regulatory staff. Key job activities may include: mass balance calculations; emission inventories; evaluation and troubleshooting of new or existing systems; providing regulatory assistance including preparing draft NPDES permit applications, air quality permit applications, and related documents; development of compliance monitoring plans; development of waste management, spill prevention and risk management pans, and technical and economic feasibility studies for pollution control equipment and processes. The work may require out-of-town assignments.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required; safety training will be provided.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, chemistry, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related scientific degree
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and clients
- Strong technical and problem solving skills including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Effectiveness in building working relationships and working in multi-disciplined project teams
- A flexible working style
- Self-initiative and motivation with an emphasis on client service and growing a career in environmental consulting
- Willingness to travel for field work or work at client sites 20-30% of the time
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Engineering-in-Training (EIT) certified or able to obtain certification within one year
- One to three years of experience working on construction or environmental sites
- Familiarity with environmental regulations GIS and/or AutoCad experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.