ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER
TITLE: Environmental Project Manager
LOCATION: Maple Grove, MN & Bismarck, ND
The Environmental Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management related to investigating the nature and extent of contamination and/or developing and implementing cleanup and closure activities in an economical, timely, and technically sound manner. In addition, project managers are expected to maintain a personal client base with limited assistance from senior personnel and understand the clients’ needs related to projects. This position reports directly to the Director Environmental Services and must be able to manage project team member resources and subcontractors in the context of managing projects. This is a full time, permanent position with salary based on experience.
- Understand and perform all tasks necessary to complete a project’s scope of work. Activities include, but are not limited to, (Investigation) advance soil borings, obtain and field screen soil samples; install, develop and sample groundwater monitoring wells; complete geologic and aquifer studies; prepare samples for the laboratory; perform vapor studies, excavation area assessments, and record searches; (Cleanup) install and operate product recovery systems; perform pilot tests to support remedial system design; conduct remedial system installation and operation; maintain, coordinate and oversee tank removals; and decontaminate manufacturing facilities.
- Train field and staff personnel in tasks associated with the project’s scope of work.
- Mentor field and staff personnel through the technical training program.
- Schedule staff and field personnel as appropriate to complete projects.
- Understand regulatory framework for projects.
- Evaluate, select, and schedule subcontractors.
- Develop and maintain a client base by developing working relationships with clients.
- Prepare proposals, budgets, and scopes of work for projects.
- Prepare job descriptions of successfully completed projects and update resume for marketing purposes.
- Provide technical assistance to the Marketing Department to increase client base.
- Prepare reports necessary to successfully complete projects.
- Complete projects under budget and conduct administration of the projects.
The qualified candidate will have:
- 5+ years of project management experience in environmental consulting (investigation, cleanup, and closure)
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, chemistry, environmental science, or a related field
- Knowledge of environmental cleanup regulations and methodologies
- Strong computer and verbal/written communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of state regulations is a plus.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Have proven experience managing teams, resources and subcontractors
- Closure service area includes petroleum, chlorinated solvents, LUST, state cleanup, CERCLA, RCRA, and other state specific regulatory programs.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.