Mid LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST
TITLE: Mid Level Environmental Scientist
LOCATION: Omaha, NE
CATEGORY: Environmental Consulting Services
This position represents the opportunity to work with a progressive, family owned environmental engineering firm that is celebrating its 27th year of successful projects for our clients.
The person selected for this position will work on a variety of environmental consulting projects to support an environmental client base. The position requires strong problem-solving ability and communication skills. Projects may include site evaluations and investigations, emergency response work, environmental sampling, report writing, regulatory & technical analysis, solutions development, and regulatory negotiations. In fulfilling these duties, the position will interface with internal project teams, client representatives, and regulatory staff. Key job activities may include: environmental field work and sampling, environmental response, and remediation operations. The work may require out-of-town assignments.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required; safety training will be provided.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, chemistry, environmental engineering, or a related scientific degree
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and clients
- Strong technical and problem solving skills including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working experience with field instrumentation including water level meters, photoionization detectors, 4-Gas detectors, GPS-based survey equipment, and UAVs.
- Collect, analyze and organize soil and water sample data
- Conduct Phase I assessments including site walkovers, historical data review and recommendation development
- Provide assistance with business development activities
- A flexible working style
- Self-initiative and motivation with an emphasis on client service and growing a career in environmental consulting
- Willingness to travel for field work or work at client sites 20-30% of the time
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Three to five years of experience working on environmental projects
- Familiarity with environmental regulations, GIS and/or AutoCad experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.