ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING INTERN
TITLE: Internship - Environmental Engineer
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN Office
CATEGORY: Environmental & Engineering Services
Pinnacle Engineering is seeking an environmental engineer intern to join its Minneapolis office for the summer of 2017. This position represents the opportunity to work with a progressive, family owned environmental engineering firm that is in it's 27th year of business completing successful projects for our clients.
This position will provide support to Pinnacle’s Environmental Engineers and Scientist undertaking challenging and progressive work on projects related to the evaluation and remediation of contaminated sites. Assignments may include working as an individual or as part of a project team to assist with any of the following tasks: onsite investigations of contaminated soil, soil gas, sediment, and groundwater; construction observation; engineering calculations; remedial design; construction cost estimates, plans, and specifications: and technical reports. Field work opportunities for this position may include some out-of-town travel.
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Civil or Chemical Engineering. Environmental or other sciences degrees considered based on the quality of experience.
- Five to ten years of experience.
- Strong working knowledge of environmental regulations and manufacturing and energy industries.+-Previous experience with and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word).
- Previous experience with proposal writing and environmental review document preparation.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of State (Minnesota, Dakotas, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin) and Federal environmental regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, and on-site inspections/visits, etc. Occasional overnight travel required.
- Ability to carry up to 40 pounds and work in conditions that may feature rough terrain.
- Student in third or fourth year pursuing a degree in civil, chemical, environmental, or geological engineering
- Academic course work directly related to the job responsibilities described above
- Strong computer skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets. Exposure to GIS and CAD software is a definite plus
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- A flexible working style and ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs
- Willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Any previous job experience that involved Surveying, Construction Oversight, and Environmental Sampling (soil, groundwater, surface water, air soil vapor)
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION