ENTRY LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
TITLE: Entry Level Environmental Engineer
LOCATION: Maple Grove, MN
CATEGORY: Environmental & Engineering Services
This position represents the opportunity to work with a progressive, family owned environmental engineering firm that is celebrating its 25th year of successful projects for our clients.
Pinnacle Engineering is seeking an entry-level environmental engineer to join its Minneapolis office and undertake challenging and progressive work on projects related to the evaluation and remediation of contaminated sites. Assignments may include working as an individual or as part of a project team to assist with any of the following tasks: onsite investigations of contaminated soil, soil gas, sediment, and groundwater; construction observation; engineering calculations; remedial design; construction cost estimates, plans, and specifications: and technical reports. Field work opportunities for this position may include some out-of-town travel.
NOTE: Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. Participation in an OSHA-mandated medical surveillance program will be required, and safety training will be provided before being assigned to work on these sites. Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature the rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities.
- Bachelor's or masters's degree in civil, chemical, environmental, or geological engineering
- Academic course work directly related to the job responsibilities described above
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, use of spreadsheets, and exposure to GIS and CAD software
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- A flexible working style and ability to work independently and with teams of specialists to meet client and project needs
- Willingness to travel and periodically adjust personal schedules to meet project needs
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified or able to obtain certification within one year
- One to three years of experience working on construction or environmental sites
- Familiarity with environmental regulations GIS and/or AutoCad experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Pinnacle Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.